Return of PEX Village ::
The Philadelphia Experiment (PEX) began as a small encampment at the 1999 Burning Man festival in the Nevada Desert and has evolved into a nationwide organization of hundreds of artists, musicians, performers, industrial designers, lighting technicians, pyrotechnics experts and other skilled artisans focused on creating unique and collaborative artistic experiences.
The PEX Village returns to Camp BISCO X with a performance space surrounded by dozens of fire sculptures including cannons that can shoot flames 30 feet into the air. Stop by nightly for world-class Dj’s and fire performances that when combined create an atmosphere that only PEX can deliver.
Among the featured contributors are:
- DJ Everyday: Everyday has played some of the world’s most unique venues and festivals everywhere from the beaches of Hawaii to a remote outpost in the Moroccan Desert, as well as playing alongside Bassnectar, Deadmau5, MSTRKRFT and many more.
- Justin Paul: Acclaimed DJ/Producer and founder of the Playloop music brand, JP travels the country spinning his trademark sets as well as supporting famed acts like Air, Deadmau5, LCD Soundsystem, and Rusko to name a few.
- Lee Mayjahs?: As a founder of PEX, Lee has been moving crowds worldwide with an eclectic blend of Electrified Neo-Tribal Beats. He combines Latin, Balkan and House Rhythms to create a mystical sound that one can’t help but move to.
- Peter Parker: Peter has builds cutting edge video systems for global events and tours from installations at LPM in Rome to psychedelic visual shows at Red Rock Amphitheater in Colorado.
- VJ Kevlar:An early innovator Kevlar has been creating multimedia and performance installations for nearly 20 years and toured with artist including The Disco Biscuits, Jay-Z, The Roots, Deadmau5, Carl Cox, DJ Hype and Donald Glaude.
- Members of Leana Song: A drum and music ensemble, specializing in Afro-Cuban and Ghanaian drumming, through the lens of American jazz and folk.
- Members of Mutaytor: The Mutaytor creates a rapid fire succession of futuristic vaudevillian theater and choreographed dance acts, coupled with breathtaking feats of skill and daring.
- Liana Luv: Lina Luv has performed and taught at numerous festivals and events across the country and abroad including Burning Man, Camp Bisco, Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Montezuma Gathering, the Peruvian Amazon, Mexico and Costa Rica.