LOS ANGELES (May 9th, 2016) – As the summer festival season kicks into high gear, the time is ripe for a return to the soulful basics of electronic dance music with songs grounded in the human element. Justin Paul presents The Model’s “Wrong Number” is just that kind of release. Justin Paul and Mark Richardson aka THE MODEL bring listeners back to a time when disco gave way to new wave and ultimately to house music with the Remodel Mix. Markie’s vocals are uniquely his style, but also have a familiar sound of a Michael Hutchence, or Bowie 1980s performance.
The Album Version of “Wrong Number” is an icy cool nod to the best of ‘80’s synth pop. This song is an example of uber cool indie electronic at its best, a trip backwards on an aural time machine. The chilly timbre of The Model’s voice lends the song a mod panache and it would be at home at a New York Fashion Week after party. Justin Paul’s production skills make the “Wrong Number” Remodel Mix feel urgent, upfront, undeniable.
The cold command of the synthesizers veers towards electro as visions of tastemakers in skinny ties and Debbie Harry lookalikes dance across the mind’s eye. Imagine scenes of porcelain-skinned, impeccably dressed, Hollywood A-listers and Andy Warhol dancing in silhouette. The Remodel Mix is characterized by the signature synth intro accompanied by an alert beat. The break on this edit builds with more fury than on the Album Version. The Remodel Mix stands out for being positively hypnotic and the listener is completely drawn in and under the influence.
In stores May 17th!
PREORDER TODAY!: https://djjustinpaul.bandcamp.com/releases
Recorded live at the Underground Sol Studio in the Hollywood Hills on 5/5/16. Featuring Afro tech, deep house, and nu-disco sounds from Justin Paul’s Spring DJ performances.
1. Kinky Movement – Onsei (dub mix)
2. Pino Arduini & Javier Bollag – Los Pueblos (Pablo Fierro remix)
3. Zepherin Saint, Adama – Canima (Afrotech remix)
4. Doza – It Comes In Waves (original mix)
5. Hellex M, Darien – Feelings
6. Eli Escobar – Seein You (Saison remix)
7. Used Disco – Are You Ready (Original Mix)
8. Eli Escobar, Purple Disco Machine – Visions (Purple Disco Machine remix)
9. Sabb – One Of Us (feat Forrest – Dennis Ferrer remix)
10. Chew Fu – Purple Rain (feat Steve Clisby – Mousse T’s Home A Lone mix)
11. Christopher Cross – Ride Like The Wind (Joey Negro extended Disco mix)
12. MR Given Raw – Boogie Magic
Originally aired March 17, 2016. The full TRACKLIST will be posted in a few days.
Welcome to EP80 of the NDYD Radio Show. This week we have a very special guest from the City of Angels. Justin Paul (@justinpaul) of Underground Sol (@undergroundsol) has given us an exclusive set full of good vibe Disco, Disco House, and NuDisco. Justin is one of the most in demand Music Curator and selector in Los Angeles.
Justin Paul Presents Let’s Fly (Deep Tech & Electronic Vibes)
Recorded at Underground Sol Studios Los Angeles ~ 2/1/16
1. Flight Facilities “Two Bodies Feat. Emma Louise (Original Mix)”
2. Maxxi Soundsystem, Name One “Fading Thought Featuring Name One (Original Mix)”
3. Eelke Klein “Space Disco (Original Mix)”
4. Spirit Catcher “Closer (Original Mix)”
5. RUFUS “Like An Animal (Yotto Remix)”
6. Sonny Fodera, Yasmin “Feeling U feat. Yasmin (Deep Mix)”
7. Cari Golden, Bambook, Mennie “Slip Away (Olivier Giacomotto Remix)”
8. Nick Fiorucci, Block & Crown “Waiting For Me (Original Mix)”
9. Fort Romeau “Secrets & Lies (Original Mix)”
10. The White Lamp “It’s You (Ron Basejam Remix”
Justin Paul Presents Sexy Lounge Vibes Vol.1 (Downtempo, Electronic & House) ~ Music for chilling poolside, driving, flying, lounging, and making love.
1. SG Lewis “Warm”
2. Disclosure “Willing & Able (feat Kwabs)”
3. Aline Baraz “Make You Feel”
4. The Magician “Sunlight (Darius remix – feat Years & Years)”
5. FKA Twigs “Two Weeks”
6. Flight Facilities “Hold Me Down”
7. ER Fr/Peterson Fr “Coconut Skins (Timemusique remix)”
8. JackLNDN “All I See”
9. Fatima Yamaha “What’s A Girl To Do”
10. Woolfy vs Projections “Set Me Loose (El Txef A remix)”
11. Zero 7 “On My Own (12″ version)”
12. Disclosure “Masterpiece (feat Jordan Rakei)”
13. Washed Out “Feel It All Around”