“Success” is an example of indie electronic at its best, a trip backwards on an aural time machine. There’s plenty of synth wizardry to keep the tech-heads happy (The Model runs their live drum machines through a VHS machine for a vintage sound). Justin Paul’s production skills make the Remodel Mix feel urgent, upfront, undeniable. File under Indie Dance, Indie Rock & New Wave.
LOS ANGELES (May 9th, 2016) – As the summer festival season kicks into high gear, the time is ripe for a return to the soulful basics of electronic dance music with songs grounded in the human element. Justin Paul presents The Model’s “Wrong Number” is just that kind of release. Justin Paul and Mark Richardson aka THE MODEL bring listeners back to a time when disco gave way to new wave and ultimately to house music with the Remodel Mix. Markie’s vocals are uniquely his style, but also have a familiar sound of a Michael Hutchence, or Bowie 1980s performance.
The Album Version of “Wrong Number” is an icy cool nod to the best of ‘80’s synth pop. This song is an example of uber cool indie electronic at its best, a trip backwards on an aural time machine. The chilly timbre of The Model’s voice lends the song a mod panache and it would be at home at a New York Fashion Week after party. Justin Paul’s production skills make the “Wrong Number” Remodel Mix feel urgent, upfront, undeniable.
The cold command of the synthesizers veers towards electro as visions of tastemakers in skinny ties and Debbie Harry lookalikes dance across the mind’s eye. Imagine scenes of porcelain-skinned, impeccably dressed, Hollywood A-listers and Andy Warhol dancing in silhouette. The Remodel Mix is characterized by the signature synth intro accompanied by an alert beat. The break on this edit builds with more fury than on the Album Version. The Remodel Mix stands out for being positively hypnotic and the listener is completely drawn in and under the influence.
In stores May 17th!
PREORDER TODAY!: https://djjustinpaul.bandcamp.com/releases
Recorded live at the Underground Sol Studio in the Hollywood Hills on 5/5/16. Featuring Afro tech, deep house, and nu-disco sounds from Justin Paul’s Spring DJ performances.
1. Kinky Movement – Onsei (dub mix)
2. Pino Arduini & Javier Bollag – Los Pueblos (Pablo Fierro remix)
3. Zepherin Saint, Adama – Canima (Afrotech remix)
4. Doza – It Comes In Waves (original mix)
5. Hellex M, Darien – Feelings
6. Eli Escobar – Seein You (Saison remix)
7. Used Disco – Are You Ready (Original Mix)
8. Eli Escobar, Purple Disco Machine – Visions (Purple Disco Machine remix)
9. Sabb – One Of Us (feat Forrest – Dennis Ferrer remix)
10. Chew Fu – Purple Rain (feat Steve Clisby – Mousse T’s Home A Lone mix)
11. Christopher Cross – Ride Like The Wind (Joey Negro extended Disco mix)
12. MR Given Raw – Boogie Magic
ARTIST: HEARTS OF ACE vs. JUSTIN PAUL
SONG: “HOW LONG”
REMIXER: JUSTIN PAUL
VERSION: 12″ DUB REWORK MIX
~ Promotional Use Only ~ Rework of Paul Carrack’s classic song “How Long” by performed by ACE ©2015 Universal Publishing & Underground Sol Records